Divorce is much more than a legal matter. It is a deeply personal process that works best with the guidance of someone who understands your particular needs. At the Law Office of Joan Berry Nassar, P.A. in Melbourne, I provide individualized attention and the type of trustworthy advocacy that you can only get from an experienced family law attorney. Having spent more than 25 years in practice in Florida, I understand how to help clients overcome a difficult time and achieve their objectives. My firm identifies and executes creative solutions for divorcing spouses throughout Brevard County so that they can move on with confidence.
- Filing and Grounds — As opposed to states that grant divorces based on various types of marital misconduct, Florida only dissolves marriages because the union is irretrievably broken or because one partner suffers from mental incapacity.
- Legal Separation — Unlike some other states, Florida does not recognize legal separation between married partners. However, you can establish legal arrangements for child time-sharing and financial support if you are living apart but still married.
- Mediation — With the right professional assistance, most couples can resolve issues such as custody/time-sharing, child support, alimony and property division without going to trial. Effective divorce mediation can work to the advantage of both spouses and the children, even when issues are highly contested. I am a Supreme Court of Florida Certified Family Mediator.
- Collaborative Divorce — In a collaborative divorce, parties agree to share information and work toward consensus in a civil manner, employing expert assistance when needed. I am trained in the collaborative practice.
- Paternity — Paternity establishes legal fatherhood to parents who have not been married.
- Domestic Violence — If you have been abused by your partner or someone else in your home, it’s important to know help is available. My firm provides legal support in domestic violence actions, seeking immediate injunctions for protection when actual or threatened abuse occurs.
- Uncontested or Contested Divorce — In divorce matters we will discuss children’s timesharing schedule/parenting plan, child support, alimony, and property division as it pertains to your family and whether a contested or uncontested divorce is right for you.
The Law Office of Joan Berry Nassar, P.A. represents Brevard County clients in a full range of Florida family litigation. Please call 321-405-0042 or contact me online to schedule an appointment.