Melbourne Divorce Lawyer Guides You Through Your Divorce
Brevard County firm assists spouses whose marriage is ending
Divorce is much more than a legal matter. It is a deeply personal process that works best with the guidance of someone who understands your particular needs. At the Law Office of Joan Berry Nassar, P.A. in Melbourne, I provide individualized attention and the type of trustworthy advocacy that you can only get from an experienced family law attorney. Having spent 28 years in practice, I understand how to help clients overcome a difficult time and achieve their objectives. My firm identifies and executes creative solutions for divorcing spouses throughout Brevard County so that they can move on with confidence.
Florida attorney educates clients in matrimonial litigation
From start to finish, my firm ensures that you are armed with the Florida divorce law information you need to make smart choices. I am available to answer questions about issues such as:
- Uncontested and Contested Divorces — If you and your spouse can reach an agreement on all issues, you may have an “uncontested” dissolution of marriage. If any issues remain to be resolved by a judge, you may have a “contested” dissolution of marriage. Issues to consider are:
- Filing and grounds — As opposed to states that grant divorces based on various types of marital misconduct, Florida only dissolves marriages because the union is irretrievably broken or because one partner suffers from mental incapacity.
- Mediation — With the right professional assistance, most couples can resolve issues without going to trial. After almost three decades of legal practice, I have seen that effective divorce mediation can work to the advantage of both spouses even when various issues are highly contested.
- Collaborative divorce — It might seem like a contradiction, but spouses who cooperate on their divorce can reach a favorable result while avoiding excessive legal procedures and costs. In a collaborative divorce, parties agree to share information and work toward consensus in a civil manner, employing the assistance of a mental health and financial professional.
- Paternity – Paternity establishes legal fatherhood to parents who have not been married.
Whether you require representation for an uncontested divorce or a bitterly disputed dissolution that seems headed to trial, I will protect your rights and work tirelessly to represent your best interests.
Contact a dedicated Florida divorce lawyer to schedule an appointment
The Law Office of Joan Berry Nassar, P.A. represents Brevard County clients in divorce litigation and other types of Florida family law cases. Please call 321-405-0042 or contact me online to schedule an appointment at my Melbourne office.